Monday 22 August 2011

Progressing after Summer

I've been out of action the last three months mostly due to enjoying the Summer and life in general but I'm back on track now and working away to see if a Christmas release is possible.

The majority of recent work has been pipeline tools and gameplay related but I've done some more graphical polishing again as usual. Lots of gameplay things such as objectives/destructible items and better dynamic lighting have been improved ten-fold. I've also added a very basic material system to allow me to have glowing lights on meshes and models, a small addition but looks pretty cool (screenshot below shows the Player's tank and the teleporter using this).


My current target is to work towards a clean and fairly polished first level. I've made enough levels now to know it's better to completely finish one rather than having to iterate changes over several at once. Once I have a good polished level that's fairly representative of what I imagine the final game to somewhat play like I'll make another couple, which will be quite easy and quick and start looking at the upgrade/shop system.

No comments:

Post a Comment